Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Zanussi tumble dryer is stuck! LEDs are lit up, steady,

My Zanussi tumble dryer is stuck!LEDs are lit up, steady, for Delicate and Dryness, and Drying, Cooling, End/Anticrease, with the Delay Start LEDs cycling through all options 3h, 6h, 9h continuously.I've tried all available clear & restart suggestions, nothing changes.On entering the diagnostic mode I see 8 red flashes + 2 green flashes, which I believe means I have error 82 (and which a help page told me related to the appliance selector tool - either the position is registering as wrong or the reading is incorrect).I can't get a technician to visit - I'm in Orkney - so I'm hoping you'll have some advice that I can follow.
JA: Do you know the model of your Zanussi dryer? How old is it?
Customer: Zanussi ZDC 67550 W Second hand, at least 3 years
JA: How long has this been going on with your Zanussi dryer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It didn't work when I tried to use it yesterday. Worked fine before that. I've tried resetting the control by holding down buttons as advised in forums. I have On entering the diagnostic mode I see 8 red flashes + 2 green flashes, which I believe means I have error 82 (and which a help page told me related to the appliance selector tool - either the position is registering as wrong or the reading is incorrect).
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no

Hi, Im Daniel and welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your dryer, Hopefully i can help you on this.

You may get an offer for a phone request, Now im afraid i dont do them as i only do the online chat so if you dont want the phone request then just ignore it.

E82 is a control selector issue. But the selector on these is part of the control board itself im afraid.

When ever you get the E82 error code and its stuck with the lights just lit up then its a control board issue here.

The control board will need to be replaced to cure this im afraid.

Now there not that bad to replace yourself if you are handy at diy repairs. You just need to buy the programmed version of the control board as they sell a unprogrammed or programmed, You will need the programmed version for this.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks. But my payment to JustAnswer flagged my bank who have now blocked my credit card... so I'll be dealing with the bank now for a while :(

O no, hopefully you get sorted.