Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

My hotpoint washer dryer has come up with D 05, Direct

My hotpoint washer dryer has come up with D 05
JA: Do you know the model of your Hotpoint washer-dryer? How old is it?
Customer: Direct injection around 4years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint washer-dryer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Last 2 washes but because it was on rinse I was able to empty and spin.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have put it on auto clean and check the fuse and even cleaned which I always do. But it comes up F05 so what does fo5 mean?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
F 05

Good evening, and welcome to the Technical section in Just Answer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear of your washer dryer problem.

So that I can give you accurate guidance, please let me know the exact model number of the appliance, as shown on the label that you should see when you open the door.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Tim, I cannot open the door as I think water is in

OK.  Please bear with me a moment...

F05 almost certainly indicates a problem when the machine is trying to drain out the water.  There are many possible causes of this, but the most common is that a small item like a coin or hairclip is blocking the pump impeller.

Please read through the guidance on the following web page, and let me know if you need assistance when following the instructions given there.

https://www.whitegoodshelp.co.uk/hotpoint-error-code-f05/

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks Tim,, fingers crossed I found the problem, and the machine is working.

That's very good!  What did you find?