James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My daughter has an Indesit ifw 6340BLUK built in oven that

My daughter has an Indesit ifw 6340BLUK built in oven that refused to achieve the correct temperature. I checked the element and that seemed fine, I also checked the thermostat and that appeared to be functioning. The oven is only 2 years old and not been used heavily. In the absence of any other fault I decided to replace the element and thermostat (I should say I am a qualified electrician) but the oven still didnt reach the temperature required - Have I missed something obvious?
JA: How long has this been going on with your Indesit oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: So far - Replaced element - resistance readings on the old and replacement were identical. Replaced the thermostat with a new one
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I did source a replacement PCB board but when that was installed I got a completely different fault - This time the oven would not start up and the cooking timer, regadless of how long it was set for - it would shut down 'End' would flash after about 30 seconds

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks James - this has me puzzled - I can think of anything else to replace
Does the call for heat light stay on even when the oven stops getting hotter?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
it does, it just kept turning over without reaching temp. I tried replacing the PCB as a last resort but this just presented another different fault in as much as the timer module started when the oven mode was selected and then shut down after 30 seconds regardless of how long I set the time for. If the previous PCB was faulty then this should have resolved it unless I have made an error in the connections - for which I cant find a picture or diagram
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
ok lets chat
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
James are you still available to chat?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
ok thanks

Where its still not heating fully then its suggests the thermal fuse has failed and should be replaced.

You can find this located at the rear of the oven so need to pull it out and remove the rear panel, it should be normally closed, so when heating if it goes open circuit you know there is a fault.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.