Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

The button to set the spin speed is no longer responding on

the button to set the spin speed is no longer responding on our Bosch Classixx 6 1200 express so it is not possible to start a wash. How easy is this to fix?
JA: Do you know the model of your Bosch appliance? How old is it?
Customer: the model is a Classixx 6 1200 express. it is 10+ years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it has only just occured,
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i have taken the front off to gain access to the control board (it that's what it is called)
Good Day 

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an appliance technician for 20 years.

I work with a language translation program and would be very grateful for your understanding.

I'm sorry I can't talk on the phone, but another expert can do it for you if you wish. If you were to book the phone service, then you may have to wait a little while until another expert becomes free and accepts your phone request.

I will try to help you as much as possible via chat.

I am sorry that you are having this problem! Please give me a few minutes to check what kind of device you have and download the correct documents. If you have not written the model number or manufacturer please write it to me now.

I ask you now for a little patience.

Can you even generally select a different programme or different programmes or will it always stop at the same programme? Can you send me a photo of your control panel when it is on so I can examine it? And do you have a message box where you can attach photos.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
the spin speed lights flash and won't respond when i push the button to select a speed
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
i'd rather use typing please

It is possible that you have activated the key lock. What happens if you hold down the start button for at least 5 seconds? Then switch the machine off briefly, switch it on again and try again?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
i'm afraid that has not made a difference

Then you have a problem either with the main board so that you can no longer operate it. Or you have a problem with the motor. What happens if you only start the pump down programme?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
i can't get anything to start, including the pump down programme. i can't get past the spin speed
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
is a new main board expensive?

Yes the motherboard costs between 90-190 pounds depending on the model. If you want, I can check for you if you can order it online if needed?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
it doesn't sound worth it for this age of machine

That is your decision. You can always write a message again if you need information. I am at your disposal.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
thank you so much for your help

Please good luck and success