Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

Zanussi ZWT 71201 WA showing error code 31. What does that

zanussi ZWT 71201 WA showing error code 31. What does that mean?
JA: Do you know the model of your Zanussi appliance? How old is it?
Customer: ZWT 71201 WA, 8 years
JA: How long has this been going on with your Zanussi appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just started since I changed the PCB
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Areyou a robot?
Good Afternoon 

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an appliance technician for 20 years.

I work with a language translation program and would be very grateful for your understanding.

I'm sorry I can't talk on the phone, but another expert can do it for you if you wish. If you were to book the phone service, then you may have to wait a little while until another expert becomes free and accepts your phone request.

I will try to help you as much as possible via chat.

I am sorry that you are having this problem! Please give me a few minutes to check what kind of device you have and download the correct documents. If you have not written the model number or manufacturer please write it to me now.

I ask you now for a little patience.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Are you there?

The error message E31 means that your door lock is not working properly or that the door cannot be unlocked or locked. What happens if you now start a small programme? Please also press the door shut more firmly and hold it shut very firmly. What happens then?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Same thing. Starts to run the programme (wash, dry, spin doesn't change) then stops and the pause button flashes, nothing happens.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have taken the door lock off and cleaned it too.

From how many minutes does the unit stop working?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
10 seconds.
I have just replaced the PCB as it was malfunctioning. Genuine part. However, this has only started since replacing the board

Then you may have a faulty cable connection between another component or the motherboard is not programmed correctly. Did the manufacturer give you the correct nameplate number of your unit and did you order a pre-programmed motherboard?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Part number 973914606027006 (it's an Electrolux part as per the original). The machine starts on all different cycles ( wash, spin, rinse, dry) then stops after 5 or 10 seconds

Why did you replace the motherboard? Why did the motherboard break at that time?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Sorry, it's about 2 seconds

Why did you replace the main board at that time? If this causes an error within one to two seconds, then either the door switch or the door lock is defective. Or the cable connection of it.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It is a common error, all over the internet. Switch the machine on and the LED just glowed. No numbers, nothing. Then in maybe 10 minutes the LED worked and the machine carried out it's cycle. Switch it off and back on again - same thing. A lot cheaper to swap out the PCB than replacethe machine.

Okay, then check whether you have plugged in the cable connection to the main board correctly. It is also possible that your door switch is now faulty or defective. It is very difficult for me to decide from a distance. The cable connection should be checked first, or the continuity should be checked with a measuring device.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Don't have a measuring device! There's no reason the swithch would suddenly break is there so do the 2 grey and 1 red wires from the door wsitch go directly intpo the PCB?

It is possible that you may have damaged the cable connection during the repair or that a connector has become loose on site at the position. I can only tell you the causes. I don't know exactly what problem you have with the unit. I can only give you my recommendations.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
what are your recommendations? Do the three wires snap connect directly into the PCB or what?

Yes, that's right. The main circuit board controls all the components in the washing machine. The door lock is also controlled by the main circuit board. The cable connection from the door switch goes to the main board.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
what should I do? Do I take the machine to bits again and check the connection? How do I see what's wrong?

Yes, that's right. I have already written this to you. Normally, you would have to check that the plug of the door switch is plugged in correctly. If necessary, check the cable connection with an electrical meter. If you are 100% sure that the cable connection and the door switch are in order, then the only remaining source of error is the motherboard. Then the main board is defective again.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
How can I tell if its the motherboard because if it is I will send it back for a refund!

You can find out by checking the cable connection from the door switch and the door switch. You will need a measuring device for this.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Would that be called a multimeter?

Here is a link with a general video tutorial for you as an overview where it is explained how to check or measure the continuity of a cable connection:

https://youtu.be/1QLK7EmgmZU

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks, I'll sign off now.
Ok please good luck and success