Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

My Bosch cordless hedge cutter AHS 50-20 LI works

My Bosch cordless hedge cutter AHS 50-20 LI works intermittently. The battery seems fine. It worked yesterday briefly, but now won't. In the past, I have got it to work by tapping the battery to improve contact but this doesn't work now. Can you help?
JA: Do you know the model of your Bosch appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Bosch cordless hedge cutter AHS 50-20 LI . About 5 years
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: On and off for some time. Sometimes just leaving it works, but not now
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No. It seems quite arbitrary when it does or doesn't work

Good evening, and welcome to the Technical section in Just Answer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear of your hedge cutter problem.

You're going to have to home in on whether the battery  or the tool is faulty. If, for example, it's a connection inside the battery, then there will be no voltage at the battery terminals. Do you have a multimeter (like this one) with which you can measure the voltage?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks for your help. I'll try with a multimeter. Have to go now!

Okey dokey.  I will be interested to hear how you get on.