Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

Can a locking mechanism on a dyn8164d/l180 be easily

can a locking mechanism on a dyn8164d/l180 be easily replaced without taking apart or lying it on its back/
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: hoover dyn 8164d/l180
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hoover appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just today
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: locking mechanism has been pushed in
Good Evening 

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an appliance technician for 20 years.

I work with a language translation program and would be very grateful for your understanding.

I'm sorry I can't talk on the phone, but another expert can do it for you if you wish. If you were to book the phone service, then you may have to wait a little while until another expert becomes free and accepts your phone request.

I will try to help you as much as possible via chat.

I am sorry that you are having this problem! Please give me a few minutes to check what kind of device you have and download the correct documents. If you have not written the model number or manufacturer please write it to me now.

I ask you now for a little patience.

Here is a general video instruction for you as an overview of how to do it:

https://youtu.be/qokJ0DZfeTs

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
thats not the same machine. it doesnt have visible screw holes

No, it is only inserted in position. It should stay in position. You have to push it back in. To get to it, you have to remove the door seal at the front of the panel, the wheel mounting, so that you can open the door seal and then you can also get to the door lock or door switch. Then you have to push it back into position by hand. Please be careful when you do this, always switch off the power supply beforehand.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
thank you

Please