KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have a siemens fridge freezer and the freezer is not

Hi. I have a siemens fridge freezer and the freezer is not working. Cold but not freezing. Can you help?
JA: Do you know the model of your Siemens fridge? How old is it?
Customer: KG49NAI32G 7 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Siemens refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: About 4 days. Tried unplugging it for 4 hours and starting again. Temp display shows -16 but this is clearly wrong. Also, when the alarm goes off and I cancel it, the display shows 19.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It is possible that the door had been left open for a while as when the alarm went off this is when I found the problem.

Good day and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Siemens Fridge Freezer.

The fan inside the freezer is working ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can't hear a fan. There is a motor-like noise but that sounds like the noise it makes after I close the door sometimes.

OK, this indicates temperature issue and/or an air flow problem due to heavy ice build-up inside the rear wall of the appliance.

Please try this to solve the issue:

Leave it unplugged and empty with door open for around 5-24 hours.

Then plug it back (expect some water on the floor) and wait for another 3-8 hours so it gets back to optimum temperature.

The problem should be resolved.

However, if the issue appears again and freezer fan is working then the problem is with defrost operation.

You will have to test/replace the temperature sensor and/or control board to resolve the issue.

Alternatively, you may call Siemens at 03448 928 999 to book repair.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks. ***** left it unplugged for about 5 hours before there was water in the condenser tray but not on the floor. I can try again. Do I have to empty the whole fridge or just the freezer section.

Yes, water may have melted from the ice that was formed.

Please leave both fridge and freezer doors open while you leave it unplugged for around 8 hours.

Then plug it back, and try again, issue should be resolved.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks. Will try that. Cheers Kevin.

You're welcome and Good Luck.

I hope I was able to answer your question.

If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert.

You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish.

Have a wonderful day.