canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

Have old Moulinex coffee grinder MCU1G and want to replace

Customer Question

Have old Moulinex coffee grinder MCU1G and want to replace the motors from another one. How do I dissemble the casing, unable to unscrew the nut holding the blade. Does the chassis clip off from the screwdriver slots in several places. Thanks
JA: How old is your Moulinex coffee grinder?
Customer: Vintage but works
JA: How long has this been going on with your Moulinex coffee grinder? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have burnt the motor in it so have obtained another one to replace motor, need to get in chassis
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: phôtes of problem?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 10 days ago.

Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 7 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Oleksandra-Moderator
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Still need answer. Would like to send photo of grinder but not poss on yr site?
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 6 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the repair field for over 20 years. I am sorry you are having issues with your Moulinex coffee grinder. I will be glad to help you today.

I'm happy to help you decide if you need to get your appliance professionally repaired or if you can manage the repair yourself. However, sometimes it takes me time to type out a more extended response; please be patient!

The switch may be clogged or damaged if the grinder still runs intermittently. First, disconnect the grinder and brush any grounds from the switch with a fine brush. Next, push the switch several times with a toothpick to break up any clogs.

If the problem persists, disassemble the grinder to clean it and inspect the switch for any breaks.

A seized grinder motor only hums. To fix a seized motor shaft, clean the shaft and lubricate each bearing point with one or two drops of lightweight machine oil. Then, turn the shat to distribute the oil.

Another potential cause is bent grinder blades or bearings. A grinder with bent blades or lost bearings will require replacement.

Do you have any additional questions or concerns?

It appears as if you are offline. I hope the information provided helped resolve your issue. If you have additional questions or more information when you log back on, don't hesitate to contact me to continue working together. Further information can help me answer your question.

Please reach out to me if anything changes or if you need to chat further!

You can add me to your favorites from the "My Questions" page, and if you start the question with the words "For canuck the pro," that will request me.

I surely want to be your go-to expert. Maybe I can tell you some household things that might be helpful. How to flush your water heater, maintain your dishwasher, or anything else that would be helpful to you. Thank you so much for allowing me to help with this today.