James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My induction hob showed E, then I switched it off, but it

Customer Question

My induction hob showed E, then I switched it off, but it won’t switch on now
JA: Is your hob gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: electric less than 3 years, bought it oct 2019
JA: How long has this been going on with your hob? What have you tried so far?
Customer: happed when I was cooking around 7pm. It stopped cooking and showed E. So I switched it off, turned off the power. Then I switched the laser on, switched on the hob, it still showed E, so I switched off both of them again, waited longer. Then i switch on power but the hob is not responding
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 12 days ago.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Found an engineer already, thank you.
Expert:  James replied 12 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 12 days ago.

Where you have an E symbol it means an electrical fault has been detected it can be induction coil, display board or one of the power boards in the hob causing this fault.

Typically a repair for an induction hob will involve replacing parts in the region of £200, so I would make sure your engineer booked in is on a fixed price repair plan such as here

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.