Mace2012
Mace2012, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  At your service..
68179415

I have a philips steam iron which makes a noise when the

Customer Question

i have a philips steam iron which makes a noise when the plug is switched on but not the iron?
JA: Do you know the model of your Philips steam iron? How old is it?
Customer: GC8942? prefect care expert plus
JA: How long has this been going on with your Philips steam iron? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 1st time used a day ago and was fine. Switching off de calc. and pkugging back in
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Don't think so just don't know why it's powering up with out being switched on
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 12 days ago.

Expert:  Mace2012 replied 12 days ago.

Good day,

Welcome to justanswer.co.uk., an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** Support Technician with over 10 years of experience, and I will assist you with your appliance today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Philips appliance. I understand how frustrating that can be. Hope we can resolve it quickly.

May I know please if this is the complete model number you have GC8942/2?

Expert:  Mace2012 replied 11 days ago.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question.

Without the information requested I can only provide generic advice.

We found more than 1 product with the model provided. Please choose your model based on the last 2 digits of your product number on the link below.

https://www.philips.co.uk/c-w/support-home.html

However, If this is brand new and under warranty therefore, you can return the item to the retailer under this guarantee to obtain a refund or a replacement; you just need a proof of purchase. If you're able to provide proof of purchase, it can send these free of charge. Please contact Philips or the dealer  where you purchased the appliance to arrange this for you.