Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

Hotpoint pump tumble dryer will switch on but won't start?

Customer Question

Hotpoint pump tumble dryer will switch on but won't start? It just beeps when we press start button?
JA: How old is your Hotpoint dryer? Is the door switch working properly?
Customer: Atvthe most 1 year old. Door shuts and opens.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint dryer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 1 week. Unplugged it. Empty water. Empty both filters and hoovered the grill.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 10 days ago.
Good Morning 

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an appliance technician for 20 years.

I work with a language translation program and would be very grateful for your understanding.

I'm sorry I can't talk on the phone, but another expert can do it for you if you wish. If you were to book the phone service, then you may have to wait a little while until another expert becomes free and accepts your phone request.

I will try to help you as much as possible via chat.

I am sorry that you are having this problem! Please give me a few minutes to check what kind of device you have and download the correct documents. If you have not written the model number or manufacturer please write it to me now.

I ask you now for a little patience.

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 10 days ago.

It may be that the door is not closed properly or is registered that way. It is also possible that you have activated a key lock.

Can you describe what symbols you see on the control panel or display? Or send me a photo of it so I can examine it. You have a place below the right side of the message box where you can attach photos.

Here is a link how it is described how you can send photos.

https://www.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (V6M41GP)
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for the photos and information. Everything looks normal on the screen. It may be that the control board does not recognise that the door is closed. When you try to start a programme, do you hear the door lock asking if it wants to lock? Please try to open and close the door several times, then press and hold it firmly. Try to start a programme again.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Still only beeping
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 10 days ago.

Okay, then either the door switch is faulty or the control board. Have you already performed a reset by switching off the unit for at least 1 hour and also switching off the power supply from the wall?