Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

We own a lg inverter direct drive washing machine, only the

Customer Question

We own a lg inverter direct drive washing machine, only the general programe button has stopped working. Is there a way to reset it?
JA: How old is your LG washer? Have you checked if the drain hose is clogged?
Customer: 5yrs
JA: How long has this been going on with your LG washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2day. Hav tried to switch off from mains, unplugged it, turned off main bracker
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: All other buttons when pressed including start/pause button, only goes through the general programme column
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 12 days ago.
Good Afternoon 

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an appliance technician for 20 years.

I work with a language translation program and would be very grateful for your understanding.

I'm sorry I can't talk on the phone, but another expert can do it for you if you wish. If you were to book the phone service, then you may have to wait a little while until another expert becomes free and accepts your phone request.

I will try to help you as much as possible via chat.

I am sorry that you are having this problem! Please give me a few minutes to check what kind of device you have and download the correct documents. If you have not written the model number or manufacturer please write it to me now.

I ask you now for a little patience.

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 12 days ago.

It may be that the door is not closed properly or is registered that way. It is also possible that you have activated a key lock.

Can you describe what symbols you see on the control panel or display? Or send me a photo of it so I can examine it. You have a place below the right side of the message box where you can attach photos.

Here is a link how it is described how you can send photos.

https://www.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Only the column for the general programmes are not working all other s, but they only go through the general programmes including the start button
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 12 days ago.

You may then have problems with the water inlet. It may be that the rinse programmes do not work because the inlet valve for the rinse process is faulty. It is very difficult for me to decide from a distance. If the rest of the programmes work and some of the other programmes don't, then either a valve or the control board is faulty. Have you already done a reset by switching it off and disconnecting the power supply for 1 hour?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
but not for 1 hr.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 12 days ago.

Then please try this first and then write me another message so that we can continue.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
OK will do.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 12 days ago.

Ok please good luck and success

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi that did not wrk
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 12 days ago.

That is of course a pity that it did not work. As I said, either a valve is defective or the control board is faulty. It must be professionally checked and replaced if necessary.