Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I had my oven preheating and as I was just about to put in

Customer Question

Hi I had my oven preheating and as I was just about to put in what I was baking it turned off and I can’t get it to go back on again
JA: Is your oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: electric
JA: How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I’ve tried putting all the dials back and re trying but no lights will turn on including for the timer
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think it may potentially have overheated
Expert:  Daniel replied 14 days ago.

Hi, Im Daniel and welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your oven, Hopefully i can help you on this.

You may get an offer for a phone request, Now im afraid i dont do them as i only do the online chat so if you dont want the phone request then just ignore it.

Can you post the make and model number please.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have no idea I’m really sorry I just know it’s a whirlpool oven I can send a picture if that helps ?
Expert:  Daniel replied 14 days ago.

If you open the oven door there will be a sticker with the model details on it on the oven frame.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Okay it is type FXM6 and the model number is ***** 262/IX
Expert:  Daniel replied 14 days ago.

Thanks for that.

So if theres nothing on the display have you checked it hasnt tripped the fuse box out?

If the power is fine then im afraid theres a fault in there as it may be either the over heat thermostat or the control board im afraid.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I’ll have a look but I do have a feeling it overheated as there’s nothing in the display
Expert:  Daniel replied 14 days ago.

If it over heated then the safety thermostat at the back will have tripped out.

Normally after its cooled down it cuts back in so see what happens in the next 15 minutes.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Okay thank you very much
Expert:  Daniel replied 14 days ago.

Your welcome.