canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

My hopkins fryer range is showing "burner error" on switch

Customer Question

My hopkins fryer range is showing "burner error" on switch on. How do I rectify this?
JA: What happened just before your range displayed this message?
Customer: The gas cut off briefly but is now working on everything else in shop
JA: How long has this been going on with your range? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just in last hour. Tried turning off at breaker for some time and pressing the reset green buttons. Other than that I don't know anything about the machine as just got it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It is model gen4 abb and serial # 1203-n-14
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
How long will a response take?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 14 days ago.

Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 13 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Tetyana-moderator
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 12 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the repair field for over 20 years. I am sorry you are having issues with your Hopkins fryer. I will be glad to help you today.

I'm happy to help you decide if you need to get your appliance professionally repaired or if you can manage the repair yourself. However, sometimes it takes me time to type out a more extended response; please be patient!

Unfortunately, I do not believe there are any parts readily available for your fryer.

Therefore, the first step would be to contact the manufacturer to obtain any diagrams or parts. Otherwise, they may require you to send it directly to them for repair.

• The other option would be to disassemble it and inspect it to see if a thermal fuse may require replacing. Test thermal fuses or relays with a multimeter to see if replacement is necessary.

• You can find thermal fuses at any hardware store. This method of correcting the issue would require you to have the ability to use a multimeter and have some soldering skills.

Do you have any additional questions or concerns?

It appears as if you are offline. I hope the information provided helped resolve your issue. If you have additional questions or more information when you log back on, don't hesitate to contact me to continue working together. Further information can help me answer your question.

Please reach out to me if anything changes or if you need to chat further!

You can add me to your favorites from the "My Questions" page, and if you start the question with the words "For canuck the pro," that will request me.

I surely want to be your go-to expert. Maybe I can tell you some household things that might be helpful. How to flush your water heater, maintain your dishwasher, or anything else that would be helpful to you. Thank you so much for allowing me to help with this today.