James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My fridge has stopped working, hotpoint, Hotpoint

Customer Question

My fridge has stopped working
JA: What's the brand and model of your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: hotpoint
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Hotpoint H7T911AKSHAQUA1 60Cm Wide, Total No Frost Fridge Freezer With Water Dispenser - Black
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I turned it off to move it out to clean behind it and it’s just flashing with no chilling
Expert:  James replied 14 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 14 days ago.

Is both fridge and freezer running warm, and it still alarming after being turned on for a few hours?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I’ve had the fridge off for hours and it’s doing nothing
Expert:  James replied 14 days ago.

With this type of fault it's likely the cause is due to cold air not circulating around the appliance, which would normally suggest frost has built up behind the rear interior wall so you can't see it. 75% of the time performing a defrost of the appliance over 6 hours will solve this issue and it will melt the frost behind the rear interior wall. Do come back to me if this doesn't clear the fault, or if the fault comes back, at which point we can look at other causes.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The fridge has been off now since yesterday afternoon and still nothing
Expert:  James replied 14 days ago.

Right if its still not cooling fridge after a full defrost then a new circuit board is needed, a repair can be arranged here