Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have just done a self clean on my oven and it appears to

Customer Question

I have just done a self clean on my oven and it appears to have turned off and won’t turn on at all
JA: Is your oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: electric and a couple of years I think
JA: How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried unplugging and plugging it back in and nothing at all
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it was working fine before the self clean
Expert:  Daniel replied 9 days ago.

Hi, Im Daniel and welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your oven, Hopefully i can help you on this.

You may get an offer for a phone request, Now im afraid i dont do them as i only do the online chat so if you dont want the phone request then just ignore it.

Can you post the make and model number please.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I seem to have lost the instructions manual but I believe it’s HOOVER HSO8650X Electric Oven
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It looks like it turned off during the clean as there is still water in there so it didn’t finish
Expert:  Daniel replied 9 days ago.

Ok what may have happened here is the safety thermostat has tripped out.

We see it alot on self clean ovens as they get very hot inside and it can cause the over heat thermostat to trip out.

So if you are looking at fixing yourself then you need to remove the oven panels and find the safety thermostat and check it with a test meter to see if faulty.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have sorted it now, it was a tripped circuit as noticed nothing else was working
Expert:  Daniel replied 9 days ago.

Nice one, Glad to hear you figured it out.