James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My coffee machine is producing a dirty tasting watery

Customer Question

My coffee machine is producing a dirty tasting watery liquid. I have cleaned it with a cleaning capsule but it is still horrible?
JA: What's the brand and model of your coffee maker? How old is it?
Customer: XN100
JA: How long has this been going on with your coffee maker? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Bought it Feb 21
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: been like this for past 6 months but ive been moving house
Expert:  James replied 16 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 16 days ago.

When you did a descale did you flush it out with water after?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
a few times
Expert:  James replied 16 days ago.

Right the taste will be from sludge in the boiler, all you can do is keep descaling or add a stronger descale solution to the water tank and run it through the machine, where that doesn't work a new boiler would be required which would probably not be an economical repair.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  James replied 16 days ago.

Have a great day, there is no need to reply back, however should you need further assistance please do come back to me.