Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have recently had a new kitchen installed including a

Customer Question

Hello I have recently had a new kitchen installed including a Hoover dishwasher I notice today the cupboard beside the dishwasher is swollen inside at the bottom as if it’s being soaked from the dishwasher thank
JA: Do you know the model of your Hoover dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: Yes 2 secs
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hoover dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It was installed a few weeks ago only just noticed today I took the bottom drawer out and notice there is a hole in on the right side wall what would that be for thanks
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Hoover 4S613PS
Expert:  Tim JA replied 9 days ago.

Good afternoon, and welcome to the Technical section in Just Answer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear of your dishwasher problem.

If it's moist and swollen then yes, it's being affected by water somehow.

Where is the hole that you see?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It’s on the right hand side wall it looks like it should have a cap on it or something
Expert:  Tim JA replied 9 days ago.

The side wall of what though?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It’s inside the dishwasher
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I
Expert:  Tim JA replied 9 days ago.

No - it's not intended for there to be a cap there.

I recommend that you check that there's no leak from the attachment point of the water supply hose to the inlet valve.  And if the waste hose is in a stand pipe, check that it's inserted deep enough, but not too deep.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I’ll need to get the installer back out
Expert:  Tim JA replied 9 days ago.

That's a good idea.