James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a samsung RR82PBBB which is not cooling always

Customer Question

Hi Michael, I have a samsung RR82PBBB which is not cooling always showing 9. It’s about 10 years old (2012). When I first checked it out the cooling motor and fan was stopping and starting. I managed to get new parts and replaced them and they are working fine but it’s not cooling down.I’m abit unsure where to go next thermostat or PCB would you have any advice please?Thank you
Mike
Expert:  James replied 11 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 11 days ago.

With this type of fault it's likely the cause is due to cold air not circulating around the appliance, which would normally suggest frost has built up behind the rear interior wall so you can't see it. 75% of the time performing a defrost of the appliance over 6 hours will solve this issue and it will melt the frost behind the rear interior wall. Do come back to me if this doesn't clear the fault, or if the fault comes back, at which point we can look at other causes.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
There is no freezer on this fridge, and it’s been turned off for the last 12 months as sourcing a new motor.
Expert:  James replied 11 days ago.

The only way to prove if its circuit board or stat, is to strip down the thermostat and check if there is demand coming from the thermostat.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Is that a simple enough task? Not really sure what thermostat looks like.
Expert:  James replied 11 days ago.

The sensor can be sourced here and tis located behind the rear panel of the fridge.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok great I will have a look tomorrow, thank you James
Expert:  James replied 11 days ago.

Have a great day, there is no need to reply back, however should you need further assistance please do come back to me.