KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

Our KKU 3301 is not always holding our freezer at -18 degs

Customer Question

Our KKU 3301 is not always holding our freezer at -18 degs any more on "Eco". All seems OK with Super switched on, but that automatically returns to "Eco" after 26 hours. Is their a remedy?
JA: What's the brand and model of your freezer? How old is it?
Customer: Very old. 1997, but it has served us brilliantly, and we cannot find a replacement to fit the same space in our kitchen.
JA: How long has this been going on with your freezer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It started about three months ago after ice had started forming in the base of the freezer compartment, so we switched it off and had a good clean both inside and out, particularly ensuring the drain pipe was clear and the coil was clean. When switched back on it started the problem of holding temperature.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Don't think so.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 11 days ago.

Good morning and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Bosch Refrigerator.

Please allow few minutes while I check its schematics and then type the answer.

If the freezer fan is working then this indicates, temperature issue and/or an air flow problem due to heavy ice build-up inside the rear wall of the appliance.

Please try this to solve the issue:

Leave it unplugged and empty with door open for around 5-24 hours.

Then plug it back (expect some water on the floor) and wait for another 3-8 hours so it gets back to optimum temperature.

The problem should be resolved.

However, if the issue appears again then the problem is with defrost operation.

You will have to test/replace the temperature sensor and/or defrost heater element to resolve the issue.

Alternatively, you may call Bosch at 03448 928 979 to book repair.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

I hope I was able to answer your question.

If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert.

You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you Kevin. Sadly ambient temperature right now is not that helpful to emptying our fridge for a day.

You are very welcome and Good Luck.

Have a wonderful day.