Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

My kenwood fdp65 just stopped in the middle of mixing dough

Customer Question

My kenwood fdp65 just stopped in the middle of mixing dough at speed 1 now it won’t go back on
JA: How old is your Kenwood appliance?
Customer: About 7 months
JA: How long has this been going on with your Kenwood appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 1st time this happened I have made this cinnamon bun dough several times before without issue
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No I just want to see if this is something that is common with this model
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 13 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could I confirm if the unit has any sign of power?

As I have not heard back from you with the information requested, I will have to provide my answer based on the information you have provided us already, this may not be accurate, however, if you do wish to provide me with more information I can then look into investigating further!

Based on the information you have provided it sounds like you have a query relating to a Kenwood dough mixer which has stopped working during a mix. I would suggest this could be a motor problem or it could be simple as a blown-out fuse located inside of the power plug. I would recommend you start by replacing the fuse and then let me know the outcome from there and to do so, please see the instructions I have included below.

1. Power the mixer off. (Press the power button)
  2. Remove the power cable from the power source. 
  3. Open the power plug using a screwdriver. 
  4. Identify the fuse on the right-hand side and replace it with a like for like. 
  5. Re-seal the power plug using the screwdriver. 
  6. Re-connect the cable to the power source. 
  7. Lastly, check if the unit has power again. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew