Mace2012
Mace2012, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  At your service..
68179415

Our kitchen aid turns on ok but the blades,etc do not turn,

Customer Question

Our kitchen aid turns on ok but the blades,etc do not turn
JA: Do you know the model of your KitchenAid appliance? How old is it?
Customer: 5KSM150
JA: How long has this been going on with your KitchenAid appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just happened. Have been online and said that machine needs to reset but don’t know where the reset button is
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Where is my answer
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 12 days ago.

Good day,

Welcome to justanswer.co.uk.justanswer.co.uk., an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers. Hope we can resolve it quickly via type response.

My name is ***** ***** Support Technician with over 10 years of experience, and I will assist you with your appliance today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance. I understand how frustrating that can be.

Expert:  Mace2012 replied 12 days ago.

can I get the model and serial numbers from the bottom of the stand mixer base?

Expert:  Mace2012 replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question.

Without the information requested I can only provide generic advice.

There is not a reset button on the machine. If the beater shaft is not turning the stand mixer would need to be repaired.

However, if its stuck try applying a small amount of mineral oil to the beater shaft, above the beater and in the slot where the beater attaches to the beater shaft pin. Allow the oil to sit on the beater shaft for several minutes, and then remove the beater. If you don't have any mineral oil, you can use a vegetable oil cooking spray instead. If you use vegetable oil, make sure to clean the beater shaft very thoroughly after the beater is removed because it can become very sticky over time.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Serial W23736373 Model 5KSM150PSBAC4
Expert:  Mace2012 replied 12 days ago.

Please bear with me whilst I look into this for you.

Expert:  Mace2012 replied 12 days ago.

Have you tried the suggestion above?

Furthermore, please try this to solve the issue

- Turn off the Stand Mixer for 10-15 seconds, then turn it back on. If the Stand Mixer still does not start, allow it to cool for 30 minutes before turning it back on.

If this doesn't fix the issue , the machine will require now  a repair. It could be that the motor is faulty or internal wiring connection has damage. 

For repair or to find the nearest KitchenAid Authorized Service Center, please find  contact details below.

NOTE: All service should be handled locally by an Authorized KitchenAid Service Center. Contact number for U.K.  Tolltfree number 0800(###) ###-####to arrange this for you.