Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

My Hob lights up and I press the hob required it starts to

Customer Question

My Hob lights up and I press the hob required it starts to work then all 4 rings keep flashing between 0 and d
JA: Is your hob gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Electric. About 8yrs old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your hob? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It started today. I have switched on and off at the wall switch
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That is all I can tell you
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 13 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know the make and model of the hob?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
De Dietrich. Ido not have the model No. It is 8yrsold

Does it prompt any error codes?

As I have not heard back from you with the information requested, I will have to provide my answer based on the information you have provided us already, this may not be accurate, however, if you do wish to provide me with more information I can then look into investigating further!

Based on the information you have provided it sounds like you have a query relating to a Hob which has an error flashing between 0 and the letter d. I have researched this error and have come across many users experiencing the same problem, however, the bad news is that there is no information relating to what could have failed internally that could cause this to occur. I would recommend at this stage you need an appliance engineer who can diagnose the fault hands-on and replace the faulty component. I can understand you may not be sure who to contact at this stage and for those reasons, I have included instructions below to assist you on that matter.

1. Go to Yell.com
  2. Enter Appliance Engineer in the services section. 
  3. Enter your postal code in the location field. 
  4. Call the services from the list of results and book one that fits your budget for the repair. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew