Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

My fridge freezer has stopped making ice. Is there an easy

Customer Question

My fridge freezer has stopped making ice. Is there an easy fix.
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: Samsun American. Not sure of model right now....in car
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Taken ice unit out amd replaced. Cleared some frozen bits at the top. Not defrosted yet.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 13 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know the make and model of the unit?

As I have not heard back from you with the information requested, I will have to provide my answer based on the information you have provided us already, this may not be accurate, however, if you do wish to provide me with more information I can then look into investigating further!

Based on the information you have provided it sounds like you have a query relating to a Fridge/Freezer which has stopped producing ice. I would suggest there are a number of reasons that could cause this to occur, however, in such an event, it's likely the water line has frozen and to overcome this matter, you simply are required to defrost the unit and assist you to do so, please see the instructions I have attached below.

1. Power the unit off. (Press the power button if it has one.)
  2. Remove the power cable from the power source. 
  3. Allow the unit to remain off for a minimum of 12 hours. I can appreciate these steps may only be carried out when your Food Supply is running low. 
  4. Reconnect the power cable to the power source. 
  5. Allow the unit to re-regulate its temperature. 
  6. Lastly, check if the ice is able to dispense again. 

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew