Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 30 Years Experience!
110699312

Error code 012, aga total control, tc3 24 hours switch off

Customer Question

Error code 012
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: aga total control
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tc3 24 hours switch off mains and re boot
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 14 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer.co.uk

I would like to start by introducing myself, I am Andrew, one of the many experts on JustAnswer.co.uk with over 30 years of experience! I know it can be frustrating when electronics go wrong but from my experience, misconfiguration is usually the most common reason and with the right advice and guidance you can be sure to have them addressed. Please allow me a few moments to investigate the information you have logged with us today so that I can provide you with the information you need to have this matter addressed

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. I will need some additional information in this instance as the information provided initially has not been very clear, I hope that is ok with you.

1. Could you let me know the make and model of the unit? 

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Tc3 total control

Is that an Aga TC3?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.

When was the unit purchased, and is it under warranty?

Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 13 days ago.

As I have not heard back from you with the information requested, I will have to provide my answer based on the information you have provided us already, this may not be accurate, however, if you do wish to provide me with more information I can then look into investigating further!

Based on the information you have provided it sounds like you have a query relating to a Hob which has an error flashing 012. I have researched this error and have come across many users experiencing the same problem, however, the bad news is that there is no information relating to what could have failed internally that could cause this to occur. I would recommend at this stage you need an appliance engineer who can diagnose the fault hands-on and replace the faulty component. I can understand you may not be sure who to contact at this stage and for those reasons, I have included instructions below to assist you on that matter.

1. Go to Yell.com
  2. Enter Appliance Engineer in the services section.
  3. Enter your postal code in the location field.
  4. Call the services from the list of results and book one that fits your budget for the repair.

I hope the information provided today helps and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you not really any help. I have called an engineer