canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

I have a krups xn304 nesspresso coffe machine which was

Customer Question

I have a krups xn304 nesspresso coffe machine which was bought last year. I descaled it but just as I was flushing out the last rinse it stoped. I have put it back to factory settings but the actual motor does not start. I beleave there is a cut off switch. Is this the problem and how do I activate it.
JA: Who makes your coffee maker?
Customer: Krups
JA: How long has this been going on with your coffee maker? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It happened yesterday as I was descaling it. I put it back to factory setting but the actaul motor does not start
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Has it got a cut off switch that I could activate
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 6 days ago.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I will wait for an answer.
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 6 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the repair field for over 20 years. I am sorry you are having issues with your Nespresso coffee machine. I will be glad to help you today.

I'm happy to help you decide if you need to get your appliance professionally repaired or if you can manage the repair yourself. However, sometimes it takes me time to type out a more extended response; please be patient!

Often, when a Nespresso requires descaling and excessive scale buildup or debris, the machine will not detect the completed descaling process and will get stuck. Another cause may be that the machine has been descaled but was not descaled using the setting. As a result, the machine may not even brew a cup.

Try running a descaling mode.

1. Please turn it off and unplug it.

2. Eject the used capsule and empty the drip tray and discarded pod container. Place a cup under the spout.

3. Plug the machine back in, but do not turn it on.

4. Turn the machine on by pushing the button. Fill the water tank with 17 ounces of water and add Nespresso descaling solution.

5. To start the descaling mode, hold the button for 7 seconds, the button will then flash. Move the lever to the locked position, then back to the unlocked position. Hold the button for 7 seconds again. Move the lever to the locked position again. Push the button one time to start the descaling process.

6. The machine will exit descaling mode on its own after running two full tanks through.

7. Rinse the components thoroughly.

Other causes may be reusable pods are packed too tightly, or the needle may be clogged. There also may be a bit of debris. You can remove the reservoir, drip tray, filter, and coffee pods inside. Hold your machine over your garbage and give it a few firm taps on its side and base.

Do you have any additional questions or concerns?

It appears as if you are offline. I hope the information provided helped resolve your issue. If you have additional questions or more information when you log back on, don't hesitate to contact me to continue working together. Further information can help me answer your question.

Please reach out to me if anything changes or if you need to chat further!

You can add me to your favorites from the "My Questions" page, and if you start the question with the words "For canuck the pro," that will request me.

I surely want to be your go-to expert. Maybe I can tell you some household things that might be helpful. How to flush your water heater, maintain your dishwasher, or anything else that would be helpful to you. Thank you so much for allowing me to help with this today.