KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I am currently unable to use my Zanussi integrated

Customer Question

Hi. I am currently unable to use my Zanussi integrated dishwasher (ZDT21001fa). When power is supplied, it sounds like the pump is on, even if the dishwasher is off or has no program selected. Turning on the dishawasher and starting a wash cycle does nothing to clear the issue. Neither does cancelling the program. I have removed the bottom front panel and I have confirmed that there is no water present. Have you any suggestions regarding the cause, or a fix, please?
JA: Are there any error codes or blinking lights on your Zanussi dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: The dishwasher doesn't have a display to show any error codes and there are no error lights (the issue exists even if the dishwasher is off, with power being supplied). It is 5 or 6 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Zanussi dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It has been like this for 2 weeks. For the moment we have just turned off the power at the wall, so it's not making any noise. When the power is turned on, the pump starts. Turning on the dishwasher using the button on the door doesn't make a difference. Neither does selecting a wash cycle.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, I don't think so.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 13 days ago.

Good morning and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Zanussi Dishwasher.

Please allow few minutes while I check its schematics and then type the answer.

This indicates water has leaked in the base of appliance and activated the anti-flood device.

You may unplug it and remove the plinth (base panel below the door) of the appliance.

You will see a metal cover, remove this and then you can try and soak the water up from the base there.

After this is done, check the drain hose where it connects to house drain and make sure it is not clogged.

Then clean the mesh filter from inside and make sure it is not blocked.

Reconnect everything and plug it back, select any program.

It should work however, if the problem occurs again you will have to replace the flow sensor and/or aquastop valve to solve the issue.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks Kevin. I have already taken that front panel off and I can confirm that there is no water present at all. I'll check the hose. Thanks.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Will I need to pull the dishawasher out in order to check the hose?

Yes, if the hose is at the back of the dishwasher or if it is on the side then you can unclog it from there.

You're welcome and Good Luck.

I hope I was able to answer your question.

If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert.

You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish.

Have a wonderful day.