Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I purchased a Neff T18FD36XO from a ex display kitchen but

Customer Question

Hi I purchased a Neff T18FD36XO from a ex display kitchen but unfortunately the hob has only two rings working, the two which aren't working are the duel circuit hot plates, do you know what I can do?
JA: How old is your Neff hob?
Customer: We think it was in shop for 3 years, never connected
JA: How long has this been going on with your Neff hob? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It has only just been fitted and connected
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: All the 0 lights come on but no heat to the two plates
Expert:  Tim JA replied 7 days ago.

Good afternoon, and welcome to the Technical section in Just Answer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear of your hob problem.   

Are you certain that it was connected correctly? I ask because the symptom you describe is often the result of not understand what are often obscure markings on the terminals.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I did use a qualified electrician but wanted to check first before I called back.
Expert:  Tim JA replied 7 days ago.

Even qualified electricians can make mistakes.  Did they not test the hob after installing it?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I would rather a electrian spoke with you, he is not on site, is there a diagram you can send me?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I can't guarantee the electrician tested the hob as I wasn't on site, he probably just tested it had power.
Expert:  Tim JA replied 7 days ago.

If you don't know then we don't know - it's wrong to assume anything.

The starting point for the installer is the installation document - please see the kink below.  I don't have a diagram, but a lot depends on whether you have a single- or two- or three-phase supply.

https://media3.neff-international.com/Documents/9000242796_K.pdf