KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

My oral does not charge. .sometimes the light stays on for a

Customer Question

my oral b does not charge. .sometimes the green light stays on for a time ands then goes off. sometimes the green light belinks two or three times before it goes out.
JA: Do you know the model of your oral b lighting? How old is it?
Customer: cannot see a model number It's about four years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your oral b lighting? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried my wife's base. tried cleaning the area where the base is attached. the green light is currently on - but not flashing on and off.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 13 days ago.

Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 12 days ago.

Good morning and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Oral B.

Please allow few minutes while I type the answer.

This indicates either the charger is faulty and/or battery will need replacement.

You may try this:

Please leave it unplugged for few minutes.

Then press and hold the ON button; whilst holding the ON button put the charger back on and let go the button after around 20 seconds.

See if it works, if the issue is still there, I am afraid the battery pack will need replacement.

Usually the battery lasts for around 3-4 years.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

I hope I was able to answer your question.

If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert.

You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
yoursolutionworked - the toothbrush. discharging. But I suppose in reality,,I mightneewdanewone. Massivedifferenceinporices between the different models.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 11 days ago.

Excellent :) Glad it is sorted.

Yes, I understand, if you need a new one, you may choose the one based on your requirements.