Tim JA
Tim JA, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

My new ( a few weeks old) neff ceramic hob has marks

Customer Question

my new ( a few weeks old) neff ceramic hob has marks underneath the surface
JA: Is your Neff hob gas or electric?
Customer: electric
JA: How long has this been going on with your Neff hob? What have you tried so far?
Customer: cleaning it but the marks are below the surface the hob is 2 weeks old
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
The hob has only been used a few times since we had it installed
Expert:  Tim JA replied 13 days ago.

Good afternoon, and welcome to the Technical section in Just Answer, an independent paid question and answer platform that matches customers' questions to experts in various skills. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear of your hob marks problem.

Were these marks there when the hob was first installed, or have they appeared since?

Can you attach a photo that shows the marks?  See the following guidance on attaching photos:

https://www.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'm having trouble attaching a photo. The marks appeared after we started using it
Expert:  Tim JA replied 13 days ago.

Are they scratches in the surface?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No
Expert:  Tim JA replied 13 days ago.

OK.  If you believe that there's a defect arising from a manufacturing fault, as opposed to wear and tear, then you should contact the retailer straight away.  Ensure that you have good photos of the marks.

In case you aren't aware, you have considerable rights as a consumer under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. Since the fault occurred within six months of purchase, the onus is on the merchant to prove that the fault wasn't introduced during manufacture.

If the retailer can't find that you've done anything wrong, then they'll be legally obliged to replace it or refund you.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
OK thanks - this service is not for me it is too complicated to use,
Expert:  Tim JA replied 13 days ago.

Okey dokey.  I'm not sure why the idea of calling the retailer is complicated, but that's the best course of action you can take next.