drcool299
drcool299, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been an Appliance tech for the past 28 years. Worked on most of the branded appliances.
11923974

Why my incorporate aeg fridge is getting iced in the back

Customer Question

Why my incorporate aeg fridge is getting iced in the back wall. Thank you
Expert:  drcool299 replied 8 days ago.

I am Francis and welcome to Just Answer. I have been a filed service technician for the past 31 years servicing all kinds of branded appliances. I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your unit.

If your unit is frost free, then the evaporator coil of the unit that is behind the back wall where you see the ice is fully frosted.

This means that the unit is not defrosting properly, or a lot of moisture could have gotten inside the unit that developed into ice.

Maybe the door was left overnight.

If you are mechanically inclined, you can remove the food in the unit, unplug it, remove the lower shelves, and remove the back wall inside. This will exposed the evaporator coil which would be full of ice. Thaw all the ice using a hair blower or steam. Then if all ice has been thawed, assemble it back and plug the unit back in. Observe if it will cool back normally.

But if not, please do a manual defrost first. Unplug the unit for 6 hours (Overnight), remove all food In the unit, leave the freezer door open if you can put a desk fan in front of the freezer to accelerate the thawing of the ice, it would be better, then clean the freezer afterwards and plug it back and observe for a week or two.

If the problem comes back, you might have a defrost issue.