James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

We have a Dyson V6 Absolute. We have two rotating head

Customer Question

We have a Dyson V6 Absolute. We have two rotating head parts, one large and one small. Both rotating heads when used individually have ceased rotating for no apparent reason although there vacuum itself still seems to be suctioning. Can you advise what might be the peoblem
JA: How old is your Dyson vacuum?
Customer: Possibly 5t o 6 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Dyson vacuum? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We had this problem about 6 months ago and replaced the head of the larger rotating head. the problem went away but has now manifested itself again. We have ensured the head and the filter is clean. The head is cleaned after every use.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not to our knowledge
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 13 days ago.

Expert:  James replied 13 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 13 days ago.

Do the brush bars in both turn freely by hand and if you plug the attachment directly into the main body (and not via the boom \ extension tube) do they still not run?

Expert:  James replied 12 days ago.

Without the information requested I can only provide generic advice at this time, but happy to elaborate once you provide the additional info. For now I hope you find this initial guidance useful.

A repair can be arranged by calling the Dyson service team on 0800(###) ###-####/p>

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.