KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I've had my Gtech vacuum a few years now and it's suddenly

Customer Question

I've had my Gtech vacuum a few years now and it's suddenly stopped working. It has power, all the lights come on, but no action from the motor.
JA: What's the brand and model of your vacuum?
Customer: AR2 Model No.AR20 Serial NO> 12134-005265
JA: How long has this been going on with your vacuum? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing. It's fully charged and clean. I thought I may be able to unscrew something, to see if it is a loose wire, but haven't managed to do that.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It was doing this intermittantly then stopped altogether. All lights come on.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 14 days ago.

Good day and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your GTech Vacuum.

Please allow few minutes while I check its schematics and then type the answer.

This indicates either the charger is faulty and/or battery will need replacement.

You may try this:

Please leave it unplugged for few minutes.

Then press and hold the ON button; whilst holding the ON button put the charger back on and let go the button after around 20 seconds.

See if it works, if the issue is still there, I am afraid the battery pack will need replacement.

Usually the battery lasts for around 3-4 years.

Alternatively, you may call GTech at 0800(###) ###-####to book repair.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I'm sure it's not the battery, because it charges normally. It is fully charged now, but motor is not working

I believe this is battery faulty however, if you are sure battery is fine then the issue may be with the motor or the belt(s) that drive the brush may have snapped/broken, or the brush itself may have broken and/or the motor/motor PCB located near the motor is faulty, and will need replacement.

To solve this issue, please unplug the appliance, clean the brush, then check if the belt is intact.

However, after cleaning if the issue is still there, then I am afraid, the motor and/or small PCB located near the motor is faulty, and will need replacement.

I hope I was able to answer your question.

If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert.

You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish.

Have a wonderful day.