James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My Thetford fridge will only work if the signal input

Customer Question

My Thetford fridge will only work if the signal input voltage is 13.5v
JA: What's the brand and model of your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: N112?
JA: How long has this been going on with your refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just bought caravan and fridge worked ok when demonstrated by vendor on battery ( display lit up etc) now if I have it on hookup and battery charger on the display lights and fridge cools on 230v until I turn on caravan main control board when it shuts off. I have verified 2a 12v feed all the way to the fridge control board. Seems that at 13.5v it works but once on battery at 12.8 it doesn't
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The voltage drops even on charge when the control panel is turned on. Sometimes the display stays alight for a second or two and then fades. I have fully charged the battery and even tried a second battery
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 10 days ago.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Please continue to search for an answer
Expert:  James replied 9 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 9 days ago.

Where you are measuring the battery voltage under load and its 11.5v or above but not powering the fridge then it suggests the circuit board is at fault and not detecting the supply voltage properly.

A new control board would be required and can be supplied and fitted at your local service centre here

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.