Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

I can’t get the door open of the washing machine, Yes, have

Customer Question

I can’t get the door open of the washing machine
JA: Have you tried resetting your washer by unplugging it for 60 seconds then plugging it back in? How old is it?
Customer: Yes, have tried resetting unsure how old. But looks very old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: for the past 10/11 hours. We have tried doing extra spin cycles and tried to manually open the door It seems as though the door mechanism isn’t catching as we try to open
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nope, that is all thank you
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 13 days ago.
Good Evening 

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an appliance technician for 20 years.

I work with a language translation program and would be very grateful for your understanding.

I'm sorry I can't talk on the phone, but another expert can do it for you if you wish. If you were to book the phone service, then you may have to wait a little while until another expert becomes free and accepts your phone request.

I will try to help you as much as possible via chat.

I am sorry that you are having this problem! Please give me a few minutes to check what kind of device you have and download the correct documents. If you have not written the model number or manufacturer please write it to me now.

I ask you now for a little patience.

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 13 days ago.

There can be several reasons why you cannot open the door. It may be that you have problems with the door switch, control board or door lock. Depending on the manufacturer, there may be a different reason.

Can you describe what symbols you see on the control panel or display? Or send me a photo of it so I can examine it. You have a place below the right side of the message box where you can attach photos.

Here is a link how it is described how you can send photos.

https://www.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi, I will attach photos but the washing machine is very old with no display panel.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 13 days ago.

Thank you for the photos. I have seen that their door lock is defective. You have no choice but to open it with special tricks. After that, you would have to replace the entire door lock. Here is a link for a general video tutorial on how to open the door in case of emergency: https://youtu.be/J7vzWGMvfOM

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Okay, thank you very much for your help.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 13 days ago.

Please good luck and success

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Is it easy to replace the door lock?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 13 days ago.

The complete door must be removed. Then you have to remove the outer frame and replace the complete clearing mechanism. It is your decision whether you want to do it yourself or not.