James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

We are having a problem with our thetford refrigerator, we

Customer Question

Hi we are having a problem with our thetford refrigerator, we have a code 12 and not sure how to solve this problem, we can't get fridge to work on 12v ,gas, or battery,we are on a camp site and worried about our food defrosting,
JA: What's the brand and model of your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: The caravan is 2011 not sure of model does n175 mean anything
JA: How long has this been going on with your refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have only just arrived on site this last 2 hrs, we've not tried anything as a code 12 in the booklet says contact service engineer
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It's the first time we have used caravan since it was serviced in march
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Any suggestions
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
please continue as I need an answer
Expert:  James replied 11 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 11 days ago.

Error 12 relates to "Display board and power board lose communication", with this being a gas appliance it would need taken to a Gas Safe engineer to strip down check the ribbon cable and terminals and potentially clean up the terminals \ reseat the cable or replace the circuit board.

You can find the nearest service centre who can perform this work by going here

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.