Pete itpeter
Pete itpeter,
Experience:  dasdasd
30970729

Tamar, I have an INDESIT SIA12 ladder fridge. The compressor

Customer Question

Hi Tamar,I have an INDESIT SIA12 ladder fridge. The compressor is always running and it has think frost at the back. I’be replaced the thermostat with a new one and it’s still not fixed. Can you help?
Expert:  Pete itpeter replied 12 days ago.

Hi! My name is***** am the expert who will be assisting you today.

Approximately how old is your INDESIT SIAA12 fridge?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
3 years old

Have you tied a power reset? Try leaving the fridge unplugged or switched off for at least 10 minutes, then turn it back on again. Let me know if it restarts normally.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi, thanks yes tried that but still the same.

If a power reset did not work then there is likely a fault with the cooling system - if the refrigerant gas has escaped then the compressor will run continuously. The cooling system will need to be tested by an engineer and repaired or replaced if confirmed faulty.

Does that fully answer your question? Please let me know if you have any further questions on this topic and I'll be happy to assist you further.

Hi, just following up on your question - please let me know if you have any further questions about this and I'll be more than happy to help :) Have a great day, Pete.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Is it not possible there is an electronic solution?! What controls the compressor for the defrost? Is there a defrost timer? Thanks
If the fridge is not cool enough then the compressor will run. If the cooling fluid has leaked then the fridge will not get cool enough and the compressor will run continuously.