James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

The light on my cooker hood won’t stay on. It only stays lit

Customer Question

The light on my cooker hood won’t stay on. It only stays lit if I hold the button in
JA: What's the brand and model of your lighting? How old is it?
Customer: Hotpoint PHGC64 and it’s 18minths old approx
JA: Do you know the model of your Hotpoint lighting? How old is it?
Customer: it’s not lighting it’s a cooker hood and the light won’t stay on unless I hold the button in. The extractor is working
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint lighting? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I’ve read the manual. It’s just happened - I’ve recently moved into this properyy
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i don’t think so
Expert:  James replied 12 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 12 days ago.

Is the extractor still working and its just the light which wont stay on?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
the extractor is fine it’s just the light
Expert:  James replied 12 days ago.

Ok then it suggests the contact on the light switch has failed, you can source a replacement here for around £70.

It may be worth spraying some WD40 around the switch first as that may get into the switch and clean the contact.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you but I think this has been a waste of time and £1.09
Expert:  James replied 12 days ago.

Have a great day, there is no need to reply back, however should you need further assistance please do come back to me.