KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have e15 code on my dishwasher, I have just moved into a

Customer Question

I have e15 code on my dishwasher, I have just moved into a new build house that has been unoccupied for 3 years so don’t know if my guarantee is still valid
JA: Who makes your dishwasher?
Customer: Siemens
JA: How long has this been going on with your Siemens dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have checked all the hoses and filters, no problems that we can see, it has run once with no problem but now has this error code
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Don’t think so
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 6 days ago.

Good morning and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Siemens Dishwasher.

Please provide its complete model number (starts with E NR, from the label/rating plate located inside the door).

Good day,

Without the information requested in my previous response, I can only give you a general answer however, I hope this helps.

E15 in your dishwasher indicates, water has leaked in the base of appliance and activated the anti-flood device.

You will have to unplug the appliance and pull it out, then tip it backwards by around 45 degrees so excess water drains off completely.

After you have done this, check the drain hose where it connects to house drain and make sure it is not clogged.

Then please clean the mesh filter from inside and make sure it is not blocked.

Now, reconnect everything and plug it back; select any program.

It should work however, if the problem occurs again you will have to replace the flow sensor and/or aquastop valve to solve the issue.

Siemens provides 2 year warranty hence, it is out of warranty.

Alternatively, you may call Siemens at 03448 928 999 to book repair.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

I hope I was able to answer your question.

If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert.

You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish.

Have a wonderful day.