canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

I have a 4423. It is bunching under the bobbin area. It is a

Customer Question

I have a 4423. It is bunching under the bobbin area. It is a new machine. Where am I going wrong?
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: Singer 4423
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Re-threading repeatedly.
JA: Is there anything else the Electronics Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I changed the needle to a heavy duty for jeans sewing.
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 9 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the repair field for over 20 years. I am sorry you are having issues with your Singer sewing machine. I will be glad to help you today.

I'm happy to help you decide if you need to get your appliance professionally repaired or if you can manage the repair yourself. However, sometimes it takes me time to type out a more extended response; please be patient!

You will remove your needle -plate, bobbin, and bobbin case and clean that area out entirely of any excess thread, lint, or debris. You can do this with your brush or use a tweezer. Next, place a drop of sewing machine oil in the center of your shuttle (metal piece holding bobbin and bobbin case).

Reassemble your bobbin area.

Unthread your machine and raise your presser foot to open your tension discs.

Take a scrap piece of material and run it through your top tension back and forth in the pathway of the threading. Cleaning will remove any lint, debris, or extra thread you have that does not allow your top tension to close correctly.

Now rethread the machine, making sure you correctly take up the lever and top tension through your guides. Before you go through your needle, keep gently pulling your thread while lowering your foot. You should feel the top tension beginning to grab your thread. If not, you are in front of or behind your tension discs, so rethread it again.

If that does not work, there may be a thread around the take-up area. Next, remove the faceplate (cover on the upper left end of the machine).

Inside there, you will see the connecting mechanism for the thread take-up. There will probably be a thread wrapped around that to remove the mechanism and lubricate it.

Do you have any additional questions or concerns?

It appears as if you are offline. I hope the information provided helped resolve your issue. If you have additional questions or more information when you log back on, don't hesitate to contact me to continue working together. Further information can help me answer your question.

Please reach out to me if anything changes or if you need to chat further!

You can add me to your favorites from the "My Questions" page, and if you start the question with the words "For canuck the pro," that will request me.

I surely want to be your go-to expert. Maybe I can tell you some household things that might be helpful. How to flush your water heater, maintain your dishwasher, or anything else that would be helpful to you. Thank you so much for allowing me to help with this today.