James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I can’t make outgoing calls on my phone, It is a Bt handeset

Customer Question

I can’t make outgoing calls on my phone
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: It is a Bt handeset about 12 years o
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: d. 30 mins and have reported it to BT
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It was very crackly on Sunday but fine yesterday. I made a long call out about 40 mins ago and then after a screetching noose was cut off from Talk Talk and still not working
Expert:  James replied 12 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 12 days ago.

What is the model of the phone and what happens when you call your landline from a mobile number?

Expert:  James replied 12 days ago.

Without the information requested I can only provide generic advice at this time, but happy to elaborate once you provide the additional info. For now I hope you find this initial guidance useful.

Where the phone works when plugged into a different phone socket it suggests the fault is with the phone socket, this would not be covered by BT but if the fault is present on any phone socket in your property but works on a neighbours phone socket then it rules out the phone and suggests an exchange fault

A repair can be arranged by calling 0800 800 150

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.