canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

I have a vax carpet cleaner a only about 18 months old used

Customer Question

I have a vax carpet cleaner a only about 18 months old used about 4 times… when I turn on and start cleaning ( forward clean backwards dry) the solution tank continually drips solution and it continually drips solution onto carpet and solution tank empties quickly whereas before I could clean my whole carpet lounge on half tank..it’s very expensive solution too please can you help thanks julie
JA: What's the brand and model of your carpet cleaner?
Customer: Steam model CDCW-SWXS
JA: How long has this been going on with your carpet cleaner? What have you tried so far?
Customer: STEAM MODEL CDHF SGXA
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: SN *****************0219. it’s a VAX heat blast platinum smart wash
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 6 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the repair field for over 20 years. I am sorry you are having issues with your Vax carpet cleaner. I will be glad to help you today.

I'm happy to help you decide if you need to get your appliance professionally repaired or if you can manage the repair yourself. However, sometimes it takes me time to type out a more extended response; please be patient!

The issue may be that the cap is not secure on the tank when you replace it. Also, check that the tool door is closed, as a poor seal in this area can affect suction.

Do you have any additional questions or concerns?

It appears as if you are offline. I hope the information provided helped resolve your issue. If you have additional questions or more information when you log back on, don't hesitate to contact me to continue working together. Further information can help me answer your question.

Please reach out to me if anything changes or if you need to chat further!

You can add me to your favorites from the "My Questions" page, and if you start the question with the words "For canuck the pro," that will request me.

I surely want to be your go-to expert. Maybe I can tell you some household things that might be helpful. How to flush your water heater, maintain your dishwasher, or anything else that would be helpful to you. Thank you so much for allowing me to help with this today.