Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

I have a hoover tumble dryer VHV680C. It was working great

Customer Question

Hi, I have a hoover tumble dryer VHV680C. It was working great then now it doesn’t light up to turn on. Changed fuse on plug and still nothing. There is power going to the plug too. Any ideas why it might have stopped working? Rachel
JA: What happened just before the light on your Hoover dryer came on?
Customer: The dryer used to put a red light on when; the programme dial was turned. But, the red light doesn’t come on now? Rachel
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hoover dryer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It worked fine up to last Thursday. I have checked the fuse in the plug by exchanging with the kettle one and nothing and when I put the dryers fuse in the kettle and plugged in where the dryer plugs in the wall and the kettle worked fine, my husband took the back off to look for a reset button but, there isn’t one visible, Rachel
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Have you any further ideas
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 7 days ago.
Good Afternoon 

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an appliance technician for 20 years.

I work with a language translation program and would be very grateful for your understanding.

I'm sorry I can't talk on the phone, but another expert can do it for you if you wish. If you were to book the phone service, then you may have to wait a little while until another expert becomes free and accepts your phone request.

I will try to help you as much as possible via chat.

I am sorry that you are having this problem! Please give me a few minutes to check what kind of device you have and download the correct documents. If you have not written the model number or manufacturer please write it to me now.

I ask you now for a little patience.

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 7 days ago.

If you can't get it to switch on at all, then it is very likely that the motherboard is defective. There is no other external fuse. Normally you would have to remove the top cover and check the power supply up to the main board with an electrical meter.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
If we check the motherboard and there is power going to it, what else could we do next?
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 7 days ago.

If the main board is supplied with power and still does not switch on, then the main board is defective and must be replaced with a new one.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Just going to check the motherboard tip then let you know Rachel
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 4 days ago.
Please good luck and success