James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Can you help with an issue with a Samsung BF3ON3T11 oven

Hi, can you help with an issue with a Samsung BF3ON3T11 oven please?
JA: Is your Samsung oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: It is an electric oven, not sure on its age as it was installed by the previous owner.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Samsung oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: When we first moved in it worked fine. Over the last few weeks it has still worked fine, but when you switch it off it continues to make a humming sound from the back of the oven. It didn't do this before. I switch it off at the main switch when not in use.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Don't think so, hope this is enough to go on.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

The oven has a exhaust fan which should run for 10-20 minutes after use to allow the compartment to cool down, where the fan can still be heard an hour after the oven has been switched off then its likely the thermal fuse which tells the oven when its still hot needs replaced.

A repair can be arranged using the service here

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi, and thank you for your reply. I have checked what you have said but the noise isn't coming from the fan, I think it is coming from either the oven or behind the display panel area. I switched it off at the mains last night and then switched it back on, the noise got quieter when I set the correct time. This morning it is quieter, but still humming around the panel/top of the oven.

Ok where its a humming sounds it may be a transducer on the circuit board vibrating, the next step is pull the oven out and remove the top and see if you can determine which board the part is coming from since it could be a simple as tightening up the screws which secures the board or replacing the board which has a faulty component.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi, many thanks, ***** ***** this a try!

Have a great day, there is no need to reply back, however should you need further assistance please do come back to me.