James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

We have a Hisense American fridge freezer and the freezer is

Customer Question

Hi, we have a Hisense American fridge freezer and the freezer is not colostomy properly
JA: Do you know the model of your Hisense fridge? How old is it?
Customer: it is 5 years old and it’s BCD-536WYA/HC2 (EXH10)
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hisense refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we have tried to empty it and de ice it. It seems to be wonky
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no that’s it
Expert:  James replied 9 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  James replied 9 days ago.

Where the fridge will not close properly and you have checked there is nothing on the shelf or door stopping it closing but the door does not appear to be aligned then it could be a faulty door hinge, over time they can fail if people put weight on the door.

Worth also checking the door seal is not damaged or come lose preventing the door from closing.

You can order replacement hinges by calling 0191(###) ###-####/p>

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It’s actually the freezer drawer that won’t close properly not the fridge door
Expert:  James replied 9 days ago.

Ok start by checking if anything has got stuck behind the draw and also if anything above or below the draw is sticking up which may prevent it closing fully.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
we’ve done that. It seems twisted somehow. The ice is now building up on the left side because it doesn’t shut flush
Expert:  James replied 9 days ago.

Sounds like the runners may have come misaligned, which is a case of removing the draw and inspecting the runners.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
If the runners are misaligned how do we get them replaced? The main drawer won’t come out and that’s what won’t close?
Expert:  James replied 9 days ago.

If you can't free the draw and remove it then a service visit is your best option, a repair can be arranged here