canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

I have a CDA integrated washing machine it is showing error

Customer Question

I have a CDA integrated washing machine it is showing error code, pump E06. Can I fix this
JA: What happened just before your washer displayed this message?
Customer: was about half way through the cycle
JA: How long has this been going on with your washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: A couple of days I’ve emptied the hose in the bottom and tried to restart it a few times
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Can you help or do you think I need a technician?
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 7 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the repair field for over 20 years. I am sorry you are having issues with your CDA washing machine. I will be glad to help you today.

I'm happy to help you decide if you need to get your appliance professionally repaired or if you can manage the repair yourself. However, sometimes it takes me time to type out a more extended response; please be patient!

First, you will want to check the drain hose for any blockage or kinks. Next, check that the standpipe height is within the recommended 40”-96” measurements. Suppose you are not using the recommended detergent. In that case, another cause can be suds causing the drain hose to become restricted. Also, a washing machine is connected downstream of the kitchen sink drain. As a result, the kitchen sink drain will get entirely restricted over time. Sometimes the issue is more extreme, like a broken drain pump impeller.

An example of a simple fix would be for some front-load washing machines. Clearing the drain filter is necessary periodically.

Do you have any additional questions or concerns?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have cleared the drain filter on the front of the washing machine

Did that solve the problem?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
It’s not spinning
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I don’t want to call
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
For this error would I be better just replacing the machine

How old is the machine? Will you be repairing it yourself?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Unsure on age I moved in 6months ago washing machine came as part of the sale, the kitchen is about 3 years old I’m assuming it’s the same age…
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
If I can yes or I can get a technician if that code is something serious failing that I can order a new machine
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Pump E06 is the error

Did you check all of the suggestions or only the filter?

It appears as if you are offline. I hope the information provided helped resolve your issue. If you have additional questions or more information when you log back on, don't hesitate to contact me to continue working together. Further information can help me answer your question.

Please reach out to me if anything changes or if you need to chat further!

You can add me to your favorites from the "My Questions" page, and if you start the question with the words "For canuck the pro," that will request me.

I surely want to be your go-to expert. Maybe I can tell you some household things that might be helpful. How to flush your water heater, maintain your dishwasher, or anything else that would be helpful to you. Thank you so much for allowing me to help with this today.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Worst advice and service
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
You couldn’t identify the error code… for a specialist great help and support service

Isn't the error code a pump error?