James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Fridge freezer not cold enough and water at bottom, beko

Customer Question

Fridge freezer not cold enough and water at bottom
JA: What's the brand and model of your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: beko cfp1675w
JA: How long has this been going on with your Beko refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: happening slowly over a few months but milk keeps going off
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: cleaned out water pipe but still happening
Expert:  James replied 7 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 7 days ago.

Is the freezer still freezing or is this also running warm?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Freezer is fine works perfect
Expert:  James replied 7 days ago.

With this type of fault it's likely the cause is due to cold air not circulating from freezer to fridge, which would normally suggest frost has built up behind the rear interior wall so you can't see it. 75% of the time performing a defrost of the appliance (fridge and freezer) over 6 hours will solve this issue and it will melt the frost behind the rear interior wall. Do come back to me if this doesn't clear the fault, or if the fault comes back, at which point we can look at other causes.

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Can that defrost be sped up by the saucepan and hotwater?
Expert:  James replied 7 days ago.

You can speed it up using a hair dryer, just make sure the inside is not warm (and only ambient) before turning back on.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks again
Expert:  James replied 7 days ago.

No problem.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Sorry to bother you again 1 more question I’m defrosting freezer with hot water in pots and bowls and it seems to be thawing out quick enough how long should I do that for before plugging back in again to use?
Expert:  James replied 6 days ago.

I would say 1 hours after you touch the back wall and its its ambient temp (doesn't feel cold)