James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

How do i remove the drip tray at back of fridge freezer to

Customer Question

How do i remove the drip tray at back of fridge freezer to clean?
JA: What's the brand and model of your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: 4 or 5 years old. A Grundig fridge freezer, i don’t have the model name. Details on the back GKF15810n
JA: How long has this been going on with your refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i need to be able to remove drip tray at the back of freezer, as bad smell coming from it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no, just how to remove the drip tray so that i can clean i
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Why is it taking so long to respond?
Expert:  James replied 7 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  James replied 7 days ago.

The evaporation tray on top of the compressor is not designed to be removed for cleaning you would just use a sponge to remove any water which is pooling inside it, where is needs removed then remove the water and you need to lift up and towards you its a very right clip which locks it into position on to of the compressor and just a case a brute force. The reason to remove water first is that its likely the water will spill out when the clip un latches and the tray suddenly comes free.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Expert:  James replied 7 days ago.

Have a great day, there is no need to reply back, however should you need further assistance please do come back to me.