KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have a built in machine for which the instructions say I

Customer Question

I have a built in machine for which the instructions say I should pull out a drawer top right to clean the filter - but on my machine there’s only a solid panel. My son in law suggested it might be on the back but the machine is built in and we can’t put it out . How do I clean the filter?
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: De Dietrich DLZ714BU
JA: How long has this been going on with your De Dietrich appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: There’s another number###-##-#### 7 kg.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The machine was in situ when I bought the flat in July 2016, was part of a new build in kitchen. The manual shows an accurate drawing on the front, soap drawer left, controls centre to right, no pull out drawer but the written instructions refer to one. I use.detergent capsules that you put in the drum with the washing, also Calvin tablets: one of each per wash. Problem was machine stopping before end of cycle and flashing message to clear filter - but the soap drawer is clear and I can see nothing else i could pull out.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 7 days ago.

Good morning and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your DE Dietrich washing machine.

Please allow few minutes while I check its schematics and then type the answer.

This indicates the drain pump filter located on the bottom front of your appliance is clogged, and you have to clean it.

Please try this to solve the issue:

You will have to unplug the appliance and remove the bottom front flap.

Then keep some beach towels and shallow container under the filter.

Now, rotate the drain pump filter anti clockwise to open, clean it completely and make sure it is not clogged.

Also with your fingers check if impeller rotates, then reconnect everything and plug it back.

Then try an empty program on its hottest setting, and it should work however, if the issue appears again, then I am afraid, the drain pump is faulty, and will need replacement.

Alternatively, you may call De Dietrich at 0330(###) ###-####to book repair.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks!

You're welcome and Good Luck.

I hope I was able to answer your question.

If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert.

You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish.

Have a wonderful day.